Song 77 ( Jethro Tull - Kissing Willie )

I am picking songs this week that have three things in common: 1. I like them, 2. I discovered the songs by myself without anyone introducing me to them, and 3. Almost every person that I know hates the song. I am doing this because this is what I view as the most sincere and true form of fanhood that a person can show: going against the grain and loving something in the face of everyone's contrariness around you. I want to make clear here is that these song are ones I like because I like them, not in spite of someone else hating them. These would be songs that I would like even if everyone around me liked them. Okay, now for the song:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81mELamaQrL._SS500_.jpg

On day two of this week of songs that I like but almost everyone around me hates, I am choosing Kissing Willie from Jethro Tull.
This is a very interesting song filled with innuendo concerning a certain act, which is probably the main reason that a lot of people dislike it. However, if you look at the song in another way the woman that he is singing about is having an affair with a friend named Willie.
The main reason that I love it is the music itself and I have always liked this period of Tull music. Another part that I like about it is the riffs in song played by Martin Barre that make for powerful hooks.

Here is the music video on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn