Song 72 ( ABBA - Soldiers )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uxawOYWiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had another song ready to pick today, but I realized that it was Veteran's Day today so I picked one off of the top of my head that would do well for today. An amazing song with a very nice rhythm; Rutger Gunnarsson's funklike bass line is one of the best parts of the song for me. Like a lot of ABBA's work this song has excellent vocal work and harmonies as well.
The subject matter of this one is basically about how people who have never been a soldier in battle fighting for your life knows really what it is like to be there. While ABBA's music is not a cup of tea for a lot of people, it is an excellent song that I do like a lot, plus it fits today.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn