Song 78 ( The Easybeats - Friday On My Mind )

I am picking songs this week that have three things in common: 1. I like them, 2. I discovered the songs by myself without anyone introducing me to them, and 3. Almost every person that I know hates the song. I am doing this theme because this is what I view as the most sincere and true form of fanhood that a person can show: going against the grain and loving something in the face of everyone's contrariness around you. I want to make clear here is that these song are ones I like because I like them, not in spite of someone else hating them. These would be songs that I would like even if everyone around me liked them.


The Easybeats are an Australian band that had some success in the mid to late 1960s. Here's an interesting fact I found: the band's guitarist George Young is the older brother of AC/DC's Angus and Malcolm Young.
Anyway, this song is quite odd and frantic sounding, which could be a reason why others around me hate it. I myself really like the tight harmonies and the overall feel of the song.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade