804 ( Daft Punk - One More Time )

804 ( Daft Punk - One More Time )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Daft_Punk_-_Discovery.jpg

I need to add something different for today, I guess since I have not chosen a Daft Punk song yet; now is an excellent time.
A few years ago a friend and drummer that I played with introduced me to this band. He was very much into Dance Club and Disco music, which was fortuitous for myself because I was not really into Dance Club music other than some of the Japanese Pop/Rock that I listen to from time to time.
Besides the Daft Punk duo of Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter the song features Romanthony on vocals, which are auto tuned to add to the electronic feel of the music.
Another interesting tidbit about this album, Discovery is that the entire album was used to make an animated film called Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, which in essence was 14 music videos; last time I checked all of the videos were present on YouTube as well. In my opinion this one was the best track off the album, however there are a couple of others that are quite nice as well.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: #432 Al Stewart - Time Passages
My song pick two years ago today: #64 Stealer's Wheel - Star

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade