809 ( Alton Ellis - Sunday Coming )

809 ( Alton Ellis - Sunday Coming )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41M22ZVDXBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

This extremely catchy song has been perpetually stuck in my mind for about the last week ever since I happened upon a video on YouTube in which someone synced it up with the classic Disney Silly Symphony cartoon The Skeleton Dance.
It just seemed like a good day to choose it because of the nice laid-back feel and it being a Sunday and all. I love almost every aspect of this one, especially the vocals and harmony; quite beautiful.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: #437 Pat Benatar - Treat Me Right
My song pick two years ago today: #69 Ronnie Milsap - Smokey Mountain Rain

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade