824 ( Savatage - When the Crowds Are Gone )

824 ( Savatage - When the Crowds Are Gone )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Gutterballlet.jpg

I really felt like some Savatage today; I noticed that I had not chosen a Savatage/Trans Siberian Orchestra/Jon Oliva's Pain song in a while. This is one their song that I love to just sit back, listen and zone out to.
This was from one of their transition albums from straight-up metal or thrash to the progressive symphonic metal that they are known for and which spawned Trans Siberian Orchestra. As with all of Savatage's music the vocals are mindblowing and the guitar work from Chris Oliva is excellent as ever.
One part about this song that I find interesting is that much of the lyrics from the break section were borrowed and used again in their hit song Believe on the next album: Streets.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '02 on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Joe Walsh - Ordinary Average Guy
My song pick two years ago today: Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn