Song 76 ( David Essex - Rock On )

I decided last night to try something interesting for a week. I am picking songs that have three things in common: 1. I like them, 2. I discovered the songs by myself without anyone introducing me to them, and 3. Almost every person that I know hates the song. I am doing this theme because this is what I view as the most sincere and true form of fanhood that a person can show: going against the grain and loving something in the face of everyone's contrariness around you. So, lets start it off, starting a week off on Thursday? Why not! One thing that I did not mention about this week that I wanted to make clear was these song are ones I like because I like them, not in spite of someone else hating them. These would be songs that I would like even if everyone around me liked them.




For the first day of my week I am choosing Rock On by David Essex; very much a love it or hate it song. Rock On is a very odd track, which is probably why some hate it.
What I like the most about it is the bass and drums, the bass is incredible and does not fit most set standards for a bass line. Another aspect about this song that I like is the mixing; the voices and sounds come from all over bombarding you from unknown directions; what I find fun is turning one side of the speakers off and listening to it, sounds even weirder.

Here is the studio version in a fan video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)