689 ( Led Zeppelin - Kashmir )

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/8d/10/e8a7828fd7a0b9274e8a1110.L._SY300_.jpg

As I have been writing in my posts lately, I have been trying to add songs from bands that have not been represented on my list yet. I have not added a Zeppelin track yet to my list and this makes an excellent opportunity to do so.
As Max has said in some of his blog posts how radio, specifically Classic Rock Radio, can ruin songs from overplay; for me it came as almost an entire band's catalog. It seemed that out of the about four stations that played Rock in the area as if most of the DJs had a Led Zeppelin track every fifth or sixth song and then would also have entire hour-long blocks dedicated to their music as well.
In the time before satellite radio, iPods, and the internet one of your only musical outlets available was the radio and you were at the mercy of DJ and program directors. This is the main reason why I started my music collection; now after all of these years I can finally go back and just listen to their music without feeling bombarded.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade