838 ( Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams )

838 ( Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams )
For well over last few years I have been researching a lot of the music and recordings prior to World War II; particularly the various forms of Jazz and Folk music. Anyway, this is one of the Jazz guitarists that I found out about who started the genre known as Gypsy Jazz, which is a fusion of American Swing Jazz, French Musette, and Eastern European folk music.
One interesting fact about Django Reinhardt is that he had partial use of two of his fingers on his left hand and was forced to play his guitar mostly with just those two fingers due to an accident.
This song was originally written by Isham Jones with lyrics by Gus Kahn in the mid '20s and has gone on to be a standard in many genres, covered a countless amount of times. My first introduction to this song was actually from my Grandfather, who did an excellent rendition of the song in the Chet Atkins style.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queen - You're My Best Friend
My song pick two years ago today: The Zombies - She's Not There

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn