853 ( Sylvia - Drifter )

853 ( Sylvia - Drifter )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/Sylvia_Drifter.jpg

I should be picking some Christmas tunes at this time of year, but I have not really felt like listening to them this time around. Maybe I will force myself to listen to some TSO or something Christmassy today.
Anyway, this Country/Pop Rock crossover from the early '80s was in my mind and felt like a good pick for today. The steel guitar is my favorite part of this song making a wailing sound that comes off quite haunting.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady
My song pick two years ago today: Supertramp - The Logical Song

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn