847 ( John Denver - Poems, Prayers and Promises )

847 ( John Denver - Poems, Prayers and Promises )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Poems%2C_Prayers_and_Promises.jpg

I was thinking about this song earlier in the week and it felt like an excellent pick for today. This is a very introspective track that is mostly acoustic in the John Denver folk styling that most are acquainted with. (I just love finishing a sentence with a preposition whenever I can!) It is quite beautiful musically with John Denver's amazing vocals.
One interesting tidbit about this one that it is famous for is that it contains a probable drug use reference; "... while my friends and my old lady sit and pass the pipe around." However, The Muppets didn't get a pipe to pass around.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a classic live performance on YouTube.
Here is a more recent live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Marrakesh - Express
My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - We Used To Know

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn