1035 Jethro Tull - Moths

1035 Jethro Tull - Moths

I had a few songs in mind for this pick, but when it came on the iPod for the umpteenth time I figured I should choose it. My iPod must really love this track; for as long as I can recall, every time I have been on the road this song comes on. It is weird that 1 song out of the well over 5000 songs seems to come up that frequently.
Anyway, to describe this track I, myself would have to call it: Folk meets Disco. This is a rather poetic description of moths being drawn to an open candle flame and burnt to death. I love his rather vivid and beautiful descriptions both actual and symbolic.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a television performance with the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Steely Dan - Dirty Work
My song pick two years ago today: John Denver - Opposite Tables

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn