1043 Rush - Caravan

1043 Rush - Caravan
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/CaravanSingle.jpg

Yesterday I discovered that Rush had released two new tracks as singles off of their yet-to-be-released album Clockwork Angels. Yes, I know it was almost a month ago that they were released; there was very little fanfare for them and I did not expect them to release them so early before the album's release. This song: Caravan is the A-side and BU2B is the B-side; from what I understand BU2B stands for: Brought Up To Believe.
It is quite a fun song; I immediately sat down and figured out the chord structure and the bass line. To me the sound reminds me a lot of their last album: Snakes and Arrows with a lot of licks, runs and chords similar to that of the Hemispheres (late 70's) era. It seems a bit heavier than what they released in the last 15-20 years; I am hoping these two songs are representative rather than the exception to the sound of the final album. I guess I will have to wait till next Spring to find out.
The critics are probably already getting warmed up to call them "overblown" and/or "pretentious" again. God bless the music critics; without them the haters and sheepies would be left without and opinion to call their own.

Hear the album version of Caravan on YouTube.
Hear the single version on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: John Denver - This Old Guitar
My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do)

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn