1029 Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John

1029 Jimmy Dean - Big Bad John

I have been having another busy day and did not have a song in mind for today's pick. I noticed that singer/musician/television personality/sausage magnate Jimmy Dean passed away at the age of '81 yesterday. This was the first of his songs that came to mind, so I am making it my pick today.
Anyway, many have probably heard this track from the early '60s about a miner named Big John, who gives his life to save the rest of the miners during a disaster. It was one of the few songs to actually cross barriers and become a hit not only in the Country charts, but the Pop charts as well.
R.I.P. Jimmy Dean.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Savatage - If I Go Away
My song pick two years ago today: Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade