1021 Jim Croce - Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day

1021 Jim Croce - Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Jim_Croce_-_You_Don%27t_Mess_Around_with_Jim.jpg

I had a couple songs in mind for my pick this evening, however this one started playing through my mind whilst I was driving home. As always I took it as a sign that I should choose it, plus the reassuring nature of the song really fits my mood.
Back about 20 or so years ago I procured an 8-Track of the album You Don't Mess Around With Jim for about 5¢; it sure beat paying the $15-$20 for the CD version. Anyway, as anyone with experience with a stereo 8-Track can attest you usually had a "path" that you went through on a tape which consisted of your favourite songs. This is one of the 8-Tracks which I did not have a path, I would play all the way through; simply a very strong album. This is one of the songs in which he wrote as an apology to his wife; quite a beautiful track.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Doors - Crystal Ship
My song pick two years ago today: Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade