1070 Jethro Tull - Grace

1070 Jethro Tull - Grace
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/16/Jethro-Tull-Minstrel-Gallery-Album.jpg

Finishing my theme week of "songitesimals" on this Sunday. I had many and at the same time had no songs in mind for my closing pick on this theme week. This track came to mind when I sat down to make my pick, so here it is.
It was a nice touch on the part of Ian Anderson to close out such an epic album with a :37 second acoustical track, especially following the monstrous Baker Street Muse, which clocked in at 16:48. The track itself is merely just Ian singing and playing his acoustic guitar with some string accompaniment. The lyrics are rather whimsical; from what I understand he apparently came up with them while singing and looking out his window one morning.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Summer
My song pick two years ago today: The Steve Miller Band - The Window

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade