1046 Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er

1046 Led Zeppelin - D'yer Mak'er
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61i3TOBQ0mL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Have been in a bit of a 'Zeppelin mood this morning; I decided to put on Houses of the Holy and I figured that I should add something off of the album today.
This album is permeated with hits rather than the usual two or three hits you would usually see. I have always loved this track ever since I first heard it; it's one of my favourite tunes from Led Zeppelin.
This, of course, is one of their songs in which they strayed a bit from their normal sound. The mix of Reggae and Pop/Rock styles really gives this track a distinctiveness that even to this day has not really been duplicated.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Arthur Smith - Guitar Boogie
My song pick two years ago today: Band of Horses - Ode To LRC

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn