1064 Yes - Five Per Cent for Nothing

1064 Yes - Five Per Cent for Nothing
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/810OwaKvwTL._SX522_.jpg 

After my pick a couple of days ago where I was discussing the length of Mainstream Pop/Rock and Progressive Rock songs I decided I should do a theme week featuring "musical quickies;" all of the songs this week will be under 100 seconds in length.
I decided I should start this theme week with another track from Yes. This song: Five Per Cent for Nothing clocks in at a whopping :35 seconds. It is an instrumental that features a funk bass line with drums and keyboards.
What is very interesting here is that many of the shortest songs in the modern era come from the same Prog/Rock acts that also regaled us the songs from 10 minutes up to almost an hour in length. While these tracks are shorter they still contain all the musical technicality from their much larger brothers

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Megumi Hayashibara - Fly Me to the Moon
My song pick two years ago today: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Pedal Up

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn