Song 5 ( The Allman Brothers - Blue Sky )

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/415yM6gZIqL.jpg 

I decided today to pick an Allman Brothers song; this is such a beautiful "feel good" song that I have always liked. What's odd is that almost every song I hear by them I like; if I hear them on the radio I usually crank it up. This song is from the album Eat a Peach, which was originally supposed to be called "Eat a Peach for Peace." I found this out recently on a special on CMT, when Duane Allman was asked what he would do for the Peace Movement he supposedly said "I will eat two peaches for peace." However after his untimely death the record was renamed Eat a Peach: Dedicated to a Brother. On this album Duane Allman appears on just a handful of tracks, the rest feature Richard "Dicky" Betts filling in where he would have been plus his own parts as well. Not to take away from Richard Betts, he is a guitar legend as well; it is amazing that two of the greatest guitarists of all time played for the same band at the same time! This song, however, is one of the songs in which Duane Allman appears on the album. Here is the studio version on YouTube. Here is a live performance on YouTube. +

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade