Song 364 ( The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day/Reach For the Sun )



This is an odd band that I have come to like for various reasons. I first saw them playing on Austin City Limits wearing their multi-colored robes; I was intrigued. They almost appeared to me as an odd religious cult of musicians; of course the Koolaid jokes were thrown about while watching them. They are a very talented group of between 20 and 30 varying musicians/singers, they consist of a choir and various other instruments that are not normally found in a pop/rock band. What is odd is that much of their music is in opposition to the cynical and darker music that I normally listen to. One aspect that I really like about them is that there is a lot to listen to in their music; it is quite complex.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn