Song 21 (Jethro Tull - Heavy Water )


https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81mELamaQrL._SS500_.jpg













For today, song 21 of my list, I decided on picking "Heavy Water" by Jethro Tull. I chose this song mostly because yesterday we had one of first big rainstorms of the month after one of the driest summers on record. I always like to go out in the rain, however yesterday was not a good time to. This was mostly because the rain was filled with dust and ash coming down in it leaving a mucky substance on everything it touched. Anyway, when the storm was going on this song came to my mind. Ian Anderson wrote this song from a similar experience: "[...] was based on one of my very first trips to New York. It was really, really hot and uncomfortable. Suddenly, blessed rain! I was standing out there getting wet and walking down the street, everybody else was running away from the rain. I realised that each drop of rain that had fallen on me made a dirty black mark. It was raining coal and sulphur, very unpleasant" This is a faster song with a good back beat and the musicianship is, as always with Jethro Tull, excellent. It is one of the better songs on the album and definitely worth a listen.

Here is a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade