Song 228 (The Tornadoes--"Telstar")



This song was running through my mind this morning, so I decided to pick it. Telstar was named after the satellite of the same name that was launched into orbit shortly beforehand. It's mostly know for its unconventional "Spacey," sci-fi sounds; I just love the sound of the keyboard. From what I've read, the sound of the rocket launch in the song was actually the sound of a toilet flushing. Knowing about some of the odd recording techniques employed my Joe Meek, (the writer and producer of this and many other songs), it does not surprise me.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn