Song 231 (The Rolling Stones--"Street Fighting Man")















I had noticed that the 'Stones had not yet been represented on my blog. I have been thinking about picking this song for a while now and I guess that today I will.
This is one of the Rolling Stones' protest songs and it has a definite violent edge to it. It is very much a product of the turmoil of the late '60s, although the message is still prevalent today. Mostly what I like about this song the rhythm section of the song; both the drums and bass are the main driving force. Mick Jagger's vocal along with the guitar and sitar round out the song quite well.

Here is a video with a studio recording on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '73 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

Song Picks By Genre:

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

Alphabetic List "Q"

6969. Genesis - it

Alphabetic List "U"