Song 219 (Falco--"Der Kommissar")



I really do not know why I like this song, but I do; it is probably because I grew up hearing songs with a similar sound. Most people here in America know the After the Fire version of the song, however I like the Falco version slightly better because the lyrics flow more smoothly in their original German. Funny enough the name of the album which the song was released, Einzelhaft, is roughly translated as "solitary confinement," and Der Kommisar can be translated as "The Commissioner" or "Police Officer."
He did not have many other hits here in the U.S.A., however other songs of his that became hits are "Rock me Amadeus" (probably his best known hit) and "Vienna Calling."

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a television performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade