Song 231 (The Rolling Stones--"Street Fighting Man")















I had noticed that the 'Stones had not yet been represented on my blog. I have been thinking about picking this song for a while now and I guess that today I will.
This is one of the Rolling Stones' protest songs and it has a definite violent edge to it. It is very much a product of the turmoil of the late '60s, although the message is still prevalent today. Mostly what I like about this song the rhythm section of the song; both the drums and bass are the main driving force. Mick Jagger's vocal along with the guitar and sitar round out the song quite well.

Here is a video with a studio recording on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '73 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn