Song 233 (Steely Dan--"Rikki Don’t Lose That Number")



This is one of my favourites from Steely Dan. I have been hearing the song a lot lately; I figured that picking it today would be a good idea. I have actually liked this band ever since I can remember, however more recently I have to be in a specific mood to listen to them.
One of the main problems is that I hate how they sound on CD or mp3; in my opinion it destroys their sound; they sound way too tinny and contemporary. I absolutely love hearing them on record or tape, it just gives out the full sound that is required to appreciate them fully; some would probably argue the other way. However, if you hear a good vinyl recording of their music, you would have to agree. There are other bands that I listen to sound excellent on CD and mp3 for me, however, there is something amiss on the CD version of Steely Dan's music that I do not like.

Here is a studio recording on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn