672 ( John Denver - This Old Guitar )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51M04WWD9WL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The last couple of days it would seem as if I end up picking a song at zero hour instead of one that I had in mind for much of the day. For some reason this beautiful piece just seemed perfect for my mood tonight.
The song is about the relationship and friendship that exists between musician and instrument. Apparently he wrote the song about the guitar that he learned how to play on; from what I understand he had lost this dear instrument and later ran across it and wrote this song on it.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade