1953 Soundgarden - Taree

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51L8mhyyHsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: King Animal; Year: 2012; Genre: Alternative Metal/Grunge
I'm having an extremely busy day, so I'm having to be a bit brief with today's pick.
Anyway, this is one of my favourites from Soundgarden's just-released album King Animal; I love how they were able to keep their classic sound, but still have an infusion of new sound at the same time.

Hear Taree on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Lighthouse - Pretty Lady

My song pick two years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Mr. Recordman

My song pick three years ago today: Chet Atkins & Jerry Reed - Something

My song pick four years ago today: Buddy Holly & the Crickets - Well... All Right

My song pick five years ago today: Fleetwood Mac - Dreams


Comments

  1. So are you posting a Rush song tomorrow?

    Wait, I meant to ask if you are posting a ROCK AND ROLL HALL OFF FAME INDUCTEE Rush song tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When is the ceremony? Is it today; the 12th? I already made my pick today; I had no idea when the ceremony was.
      I probably will be picking more of their stuff. I just find it awesome that they, Deep Purple, and Heart all get in the same year. It seems like the hall of shame has finally taken their heads out of their collective arses.
      I still have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but now after so many years they are finally getting some recognition. I can tell you this, music nerds and misfits around the world have something to celebrate.

      Delete
    2. I just checked, it's in April. Cool I have some time.

      Delete
    3. I also just discovered that Deep Purple didn't make it in. Well that sucks.

      Delete
    4. I'm sure they'll get in eventually.

      ION, I've twice tried contacting PressHarbor about my old blog with no response so far. I mean, do they want my money or not? If they're not doing those migrations anymore, they should just say so.

      Delete
    5. Yeah, it seems that since Alice Cooper got in the doors to the Hall of Fame have been opening to more deserving acts; let's just hope it continues....

      Anyway, it's probably The Holidays; I'd just keep bugging them. Someone will eventually respond.
      When you get your old posts back I'd seriously think about moving them to a new blogging service. Who knows when they'll sell out without notice and hold your blog hostage again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade