815 ( ABBA - I Let the Music Speak )

815 ( ABBA - I Let the Music Speak )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/ABBA_-_The_Visitors_%28Polar%29.jpg

This one has been running through my mind for over a month now, it seems like an excellent pick for today.
This is one of their most intricate songs that I have heard both musically and lyrically. It is amazingly arranged: very brooding with a classical waltz feeling in the verses and then builds in the pre-chorus and, (with the signature ABBA hook), it launches into the chorus, then it brings you back down.
The song's subject is about a musical artist going through the creative process of putting feelings to music, treating the music as a living entity in almost the context of a lover. The lyrics are so deep you could almost drown in them at times.

Hear I Let the Music Speak on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - The Big Empty
My song pick two years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Mr. Blue Sky

+

Comments

  1. What a beautiful song! I love Abba, I can't believe i've never heard this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion their last two albums, "Super Trouper" and "The Visitors" contain some of their best and underrated work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been listening to this almost constantly since you posted it haha. Thanks for the song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)