1074 Eric Burdon & the Animals - Sky Pilot

1074 Eric Burdon & the Animals - Sky Pilot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/AnimalsTwainShallMeet.jpg

For no reason at all I felt like listening to some of Eric Burdon's music this morning; I have always been a fan of his unique sound.
Many years ago the radio station I was listening to a lot was supposedly playing their entire music library alphabetically, which went on for over a month. I was busy recording music off the air that I wanted and I asked my dad if there were any he would like; this was one of the tracks that he requested that I record. If I remember correctly it finally came on late at night and I was able to get it; it sure brings back some memories.
Anyway, this track is an antiwar song written in Eric Burdon's signature Blues/Psychedelia sound. However, what I have always liked about the message is that they never get overtly preachy and rather paints vivid scenes with the lyrics. The song is arranged incredibly well with different sections. For the most part the song sticks to their Psychedelic Rock sound until the interlude, which starts with a guitar solo then you start getting different airplane/war sound effects over the music, the interlude finally ends with more war sound with some bagpipes then it kicks back into the earlier section this time with some string and orchestral accompaniment. Quite a fun track to listen to.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from a couple of years ago on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child
My song pick two years ago today: The Cranberries - Zombie

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade