1187 Bass Extremes - Glorious Pastorius

1187 Bass Extremes - Glorious Pastorius


Last night on a whim I started going through a portion of my music collection and transferring some of it to my PlayStation. Anyway, I had totally forgot that I had this album/song; I guess it just got lost in the jumble; I had to listen to this one a few times in a row.
For those who are not acquainted with them, Bass Extremes is a project consisting of two of the greatest electric bassists alive today: Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey. As with a lot of their work this track is quite listenable; one might expect when you bring two master musicians together they would go completely wild, but they made the song quite beautiful and listenable to even a casual listener. This song is, of course, written in honour of the late Jaco Pastorius who was considered arguably to be one of if not best electric bassist of his time. I love how they finish off the song with parts from the songs Birdland and La Bamba.

Hear Glorious Pastorius on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Alexander Courage - Where No Man Has Gone Before (Theme From Star Trek)

My song pick two years ago today: The Temptations - Get Ready

My song pick three years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Not Fragile

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade