1169 Rush - Red Barchetta

1169 Rush - Red Barchetta
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4a/Moving_Pictures.jpg

After listening to some Rush last night I wanted to choose one of their songs today. I really couldn't believe that I have not chosen this track as of yet; this is probably my favourite song off of the Moving Pictures album.
In this one you get a neat little dystopian tale to go along with the excellent music of Rush. Essentially the song is about a person committing the weekly "crime" of going out on a drive. Actually the tale in the song was inspired by a short story titled A Nice Morning Drive written by one Richard Foster; it appeared in an issue of Road & Track in 1973. The original short story can be found here.

Hear Red Barchetta on YouTube.
Watch a live performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue

My song pick two years ago today: Supertramp - Take the Long Way Home

My song pick three years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Vix 9

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn