1737 Tower of Power - What is Hip?

From: Tower of Power; Year: 1973; Genre: Funk/Soul
I was thinking about this '70s Bay Area band the other day and noticed I hadn't yet chosen a song from the band. However, most of the songs I was wanting to pick didn't have a studio version, if even that, on YouTube. I eventually ended up picking this one, which was a fairly big hit for the band. This track has all of the excellent hallmarks of that incredible early '70s Bay Area music scene; I absolutely love the rhythm section. An excellent pick for a "Funky Friday."

Hear What is Hip? on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - Sentinel

My song pick two years ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) feat. Freddy Taylor - Shine

My song pick three years ago today: Alice Cooper - School's Out

My song pick four years ago today: The Guess Who - Shakin' All Over

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade