1749 The Moog Cookbook - Come Out and Play

From: The Moog Cookbook; Year: 1996; Genre: Electronic Rock/Alternative Rock
This morning as I was checking out a few things online I noticed the new doodle on Google's homepage, which is a functional web-based Mini Moog Model D synthesizer. They made this doodle to mark what would have been Dr. Robert Moog's 78th birthday. After today you'll probably be able to find it here in the Google doodle archive. You can also find an instructional video here on the Moog website.
Anyway, after wasting a bit of my time this morning with it, I figured it would be apropos to pick something fitting as well. Being that I'm a huge fan of progressive rock and related genres, there is a massive amount of songs and bands that I like that have employed Moog synthesizers. In the past there have been a couple of other bloggers who used to pick songs from this act, and I figured it would pick a song from them to mark this occasion. This is, of course, a cover of the hit song from The Offspring done on Moog and other brands of analogue synthesizers.

Hear The Moog Cookbook's take on the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Hurricane Smith - Oh Babe, What Would You Say?

My song pick two years ago today: John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band - On The Dark Side

My song pick three years ago today: Collective Soul - Pretty Donna

My song pick four years ago today: Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn