1741 Alestorm - I Am a Cider Drinker

From: Back Through Time; Year: 2011; Genre: Celtic Folk Metal/Pirate Metal
Yesterday evening our neighbours decided that they were wanting serenade me with their completely boring selection of music; this after doing it for 9 hours straight the day prior. Well, I decided that I would introduce them to Alestorm instead by playing the Back Through Time album just loud enough so I didn't have to hear it anymore. While they aren't horrid neighbours and I bare no malice towards them, they are rife with hypocrisy; they seem to get annoyed when they hear anyone else's music but are perfectly fine with afflicting others with theirs. Oh well, just a couple of months more and we'll be moved away and they will become someone else's problem. Maybe someone just like them will move in when we're gone; that would be the best kind of justice out there. Until then they will have learn to love Alestorm.
Anyway, this is one of the many songs I like off of the Back Through Time album that I played yesterday and I was already thinking about picking it at some time in the future. Like many other songs from the band, this one is absolute fun to listen to.
This is a cover of a song by the band The Wurzels, which can be found here on YouTube. However, in fact, the song's tune was originally borrowed from a George Baker Selection song Una Paloma Blanca; a music video to the song can be found here.

Hear I Am a Cider Drinker on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Elton John - Lady Samantha

My song pick two years ago today: Nena - 99 Luftballons

My song pick three years ago today: Rainbow - Street of Dreams

My song pick four years ago today: Van Morrison - Moondance

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade