1755 Quasar - Mission 14

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ak3itfkaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Fire in the Sky; Year: 1981; Genre: Progressive Rock
After the extended weekend and all, getting another workweek started is proving itself to be more than a bit of a chore. I really didn't have a song in mind for today, however for some reason I felt like listening to something from the second wave of prog bands, (or what is referred to by some as "neo-progressive rock"); of course Quasar in one of my favourites of that ilk.
While I love most of the music on this album, this epic 13 minute track is one that I particularly like. When I listen to this track I always get a feel of nostalgia; this is really the sound I grew up hearing a lot over the years. I suppose you could say the sound is a bit dated, but it's still quite excellent nevertheless.

Hear Mission 14 on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from last year on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Derek and the Dominoes - Key to the Highway

My song pick two years ago today: David Bowie - All The Madmen

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Finding My Way

My song pick four years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Long As I Can See The Light

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn