Song 100 ( Jethro Tull - My Sunday Feeling )

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Jethro_Tull_-_This_Was_fron_cover.jpg

Number 100! I have decided on a theme of sorts now that I reached the 100 mark. On Sundays I will pick a song from each of Jethro Tull's "Eras" from beginning to end; Jethro Tull is my all time favorite band I thought that it would be fun to do being it's their 40th year and all. If you listen to them from each one of these different eras, it sounds almost like another band at times depending on the era. This should last about 12 Sundays because, for me, there are about 12 distinct Tull eras.


This song is off of their first album from '68, This Was, which was their "blues band" era. Ian intentionally chose the album's title because this was how they sounded and he had plans of changing the sound. This is the only studio album with Mick Abrahams on guitar; shortly afterward Tony Iommi (of Black Sabbath Fame) joined the band for a short while and later Martin Barre joined as their permanent guitarist. The song's musicianship is quite good, especially Glenn Cornick's bass playing.

Hear My Sunday Feeling on YouTube.
Here is a video with the '70 Isle of Wight performance on YouTube.
Watch a live performance circa '93 on YouTube. The song starts at about the 1:15 mark.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade