Song 117 ( Gilbert O'Sullivan - 'Alone Again (Naturally) )



A few days ago I was looking up an Animé called Maison Ikkoku and was looking at the theme songs for it to see what act made the music for it; for one episode (24) there were two Gilbert O'Sullivan songs on it: Alone Again and Get Down; as the opening and end.
From what I understand the company used the songs without consent and that is why they are only seen on the one episode and in the American release the songs are completely omitted; they put the previously used song in its place. Immediately when I saw the title of this song and it popped into my head and has not fully gone away. I am hoping that picking it would perhaps help in its departure.
This number one hit song is another 70's singer/songwriter classic, however, it is very depressing. It is about a man being stood up at the altar and contemplating suicide, and later in the song it talks about the man's parents dying; I have heard that the song is not autobiographical concerning Gilbert O'Sullivan. I do not know if it is the genius of Mr. O'Sullivan or the poppiness of the song, but it does get stuck horribly in your mind; I had not heard the song in a few years and just seeing the title made it stick. Anyway, it is an okay song that I think was forcing being picked today.

Here is a music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn