Song 103 ( Lobo - Gypsy And The Midnight Ghost )

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EbskO2AoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

For today I decided to pick a song by yet another singer/songwriter from the 60/70s. I cannot remember when I first heard this song, but I have always loved it. I remember almost wearing out my Dad's 'Of a Simple Man' 8-track when I was younger; this song was somewhere in the middle. On most 8-tracks the listener would usually have a 'path' of through the four stereo tracks that consisted of the most loved songs. However, with this album I usually would just start it and listen to it all the way through. Later, I bought it on record and now I have it on my iPod.
Lobo and all of the musicians around him are incredible; this one has a very nice rhythm and bass line, which gives the feeling of the train moving. Where the real hook of the song is when it shifts from the verse and launches into the chorus and the back. Most of Lobo's music is in a story telling format and his lyrics are quite descriptive of what is in the story.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn