Song 278 (U2--"Sunday, Bloody Sunday")

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/U2_War_album_cover.jpg

A while ago I had a friend that was getting into music after being brought up in a very sheltered existence concerning music. He wanted to know if there were any Irish bands that were political and intense, I rattled of a bunch of bands to him and I showed him some of the different Irish bands' music, in the end he came to like U2.
Anyway, this is an excellent political, anti-conflict song that dealt with the violence in Ireland. Probably the three main aspects of the song that make it what it is: the drum beat, the guitar riffs, and Bono's vocals.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6963. Lita Ford - Betrayal

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure