Song 562 ( Billy Joel - Allentown )



About a week or so ago, I heard the news that my father's mill was closing down, (maybe permanently), along with most of the other mills in and around my home town. Ever since then I have just been in disbelief about the utter devastation of that whole area economically. It has been coming for some time now; we all saw the handwriting on the wall for the last 20 years. I am glad that I escaped that depressed area and actually have a chance at some prosperity, maybe... I pray for the people still living there and hope that somehow things get better. I am getting the feeling that the loss of manufacturing jobs is the continuing trend and not a blip or exception.

Anyway, since I heard about it, this song has been continually running through my mind because of the subject matter. It is one of Billy Joel's better songs in my opinion.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn