Song 581 ( The Doors - Ghost Song )


This is kind of a leftover from my theme week. I almost chose it, but it technically is not a car crash song, however it technically is because of the best-known lyric contained in the song: "Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, ghosts crowd the young child's fragile egg-shell mind."
The song was recorded seven years after Jim Morrison's death using recordings of him reciting his poetry. Ever since I heard it I immediately loved this song, there is something about the 70's funk-inspired music combined with his poetry that really makes this song simply awesome in my opinion.
From what I understand this poetry was inspired by an accident that Jim Morrison witnessed as a child; he believed that the spirits of the dead Native Americans in the crash entered his body at that time.

Here is the music video on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn