5194. The Charlie Daniels Band - Reflections

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81YSfQ0EOoL._SS500_.jpg
From: Million Mile Reflections; Year: 1979; Genre: Country/Rock
As I've said before, I was born and grew up in the era where some of the country acts were incorporating elements of rock into their music; one of the biggest examples was Charlie Daniels. Whilst this song is more of a slow ballad it still shows off those rock elements. Interestingly enough, this song was written about a few musicians that passed away that were apparently a big influence on him: Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin, and Ronnie Van Zant; actually the entire album from what I understand was dedicated to Ronnie Van Zant.
 
 
 
 

 
My song pick 3 years ago today: Klaatu - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

My song pick 4 years ago today: Big Country - Fields of Fire (400 Miles)

My song pick 5 years ago today: Icehouse - Walls

My song pick 6 years ago today: Ten Years After - Let the Sky Fall

My song pick 7 years ago today: Rush - Animate

My song pick 8 years ago today: War - The Cisco Kid

My song pick 9 years ago today: Crosby, Stills & Nash - Wooden Ships

My song pick 10 years ago today: Supertramp - Crime of the Century

My song pick 11 years ago today: Rammstein - Benzin

My song pick 12 years ago today: Chet Atkins & Jerry Reed - Cannonball Rag

My song pick 13 years ago today: The Moody Blues - The Voice

My song pick 14 years ago today: W. A. Mozart - K.620 - The Magic Flute (Queen of the Night Aria)
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In