Song 97 ( Rush - Time Stand Still )


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31pBBEn-ThL.jpg













This is one of my favourite Rush songs and I thought that it was a good pick for today especially since it was running through my mind. This is from their '87 Hold Your Fire album; it came out toward the end of Rush's real mainstream success in the 80s. They still made plenty of hits after this, however nothing like they did before.
There is a lot that I like about this song especially how everything fits perfectly together; if they added or took away anything it would ruin it. I really like how Aimee Mann's and Geddy Lee's vocals mix in this one; again as with most Rush songs the musicianship is beyond incredible. I really like the message of the song about living in the moment and taking it all in.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from '94 Counterparts Tour on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn