Song 129 (Midnight Oil--"Blue Sky Mine")



Last night while driving home this song came up on my iPod's playlist and I thought it would be a nice pick for today. Ever since this song first came out I have liked it; that was a while ago since it came out, that makes me feel a bit old.
Anyway, the song itself sounds a bit Beatleish and contains some excellent musicianship and harmonies.
From what I understand this song was written about the Wittenoom asbestos mines where Australia had one of its worst ecological disasters.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off