6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51YXWoL6igL._UX716_FMwebp_QL85_.jpg
From: Built to Last; Year: 1989; Genre: Country Rock
Dang, another month is now over; October is always positive, or at least I can hope.
Had the 'Dead on my mind for most of yesterday, so I figured I should pick another one from the band, which is one I have always enjoyed.
This one, which was written by late keyboardist Brent Mydland and long-time 'Dead collaborator/poet John Barlow, also features Mydland on lead vocals has a message and feel similar to the Earth movement back in the 1960/70s with more of a '90s production and sound indicative of them and their music of the era. Of course, this was also the Grateful Dead's "swansong" studio album; Brent Mydland passed away less than a year later.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 8 years ago today: Thin Lizzy - Cowboy Song

My song pick 9 years ago today: Pallas - Ratracing

My song pick 10 years ago today: The Miracles - Love Machine

My song pick 11 years ago today: Mary Hopkin - Those Were the Days

My song pick 12 years ago today: Azteca - Red Onions

My song pick 13 years ago today: Dream Theater - The Looking Glass

My song pick 14 years ago today: Deep Purple - Hush

My song pick 15 years ago today: Paris - Big Towne, 2061

My song pick 16 years ago today: Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You

My song pick 17 years ago today: Alan Menken and Howard Ashman - Feed Me (Git It) (From: Little Shop of Horrors)

My song pick 18 years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Who'll Stop The Rain

My song pick 19 years ago today: Triumph - Lay It On The Line
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alphabetic List "N"

Song Picks By Genre:

Alphabetic List "K"

Alphabetic List "U"

Song 170 (Jethro Tull--"Rocks On The Road")

Alphabetic List "Q"

Theme Picks