Song 502 ( Johnny Cash - Solitary Man )



Well, it is after midnight so I will make my pick because I have it already decided on this one; it is a cover by Johnny Cash of the Neil Diamond classic. I love what he did with the song in making it his own, his vocals are simply outstanding on this track.
Why I have chosen this song is because tonight the final episode of Stargate Atlantis aired and this song was used in the next-to-last episode called Vegas. One of the main characters in the series, John Sheppard, was a fan of Johnny Cash and in the episode, that was "inspired" by the show CSI, the song was used toward the end as an elegy of sorts. I have watched this series from premier to end and enjoyed most of it, so I figured that picking this song would be very fitting.
Anyway, it is an excellent song for the closing of not only a favored television show, but my week as well.

Hear Johnny Cash's Solitary Man on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade