Song 493 ( U2 - New Year’s Day )



Happy New Year! Just got done watching the ball drop on Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve and figured that I would pick a song before I headed off to bed. Very interesting festivities tonight on television, no real good acts performed that caught my attention tonight. However, one of the better highlights was Robbie Knievel making a jump on the Las Vegas Strip, which was pretty awesome.
Anyway, I could not let this day go without choosing this aptly named song for the occasion. I have always liked this one quite a bit, although it's not my favorite song by U2. The rhythm is the main draw for me, I love the smooth yet melancholy sound; it is just a great track.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a performance from Top of the Pops on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade