Song 518 ( Elmer Bernstein - The Magnificent Seven (Theme) )


https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Y%2BM8ac55L.jpg













A couple of nights ago I fell asleep watching this movie (it was playing late at night) and the music has been running through my mind ever since. Everybody has probably heard this music or portions of it somewhere in pop culture over the years. To me the song is a fusion between classical and western; it makes for a very nice sound.
I have been trying to watch this movie for some time ever since I found out that it was an American retelling of Akira Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai, (one of my favorite movies of all time). However I always seem to catch just the ending or it is on at a late hour on the television. I might have to go to the video store and see if they have it maybe....
During the 60s and 70s a lot of the Samurai films were adapted to the American audience. A couple of instances: Yojimbo was adapted into the Clint Eastwood movie A Fist Full of Dollars, and even the epic film Star Wars borrowed from The Hidden Fortress.

Here is a recording of the full song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade