825 ( Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem) )

825 ( Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem) )














This is a piece of music that I have been meaning to add to my list for a bit now and it just seemed right today. Ever since I first heard Salieri's music I was amazed by the sheer amount of passion that he put into it; I have since become a fan of his music.
Salieri is the composer that has been vilified in pop culture as the rival of Mozart. While it is historically accurate that he did get in the way of Mozart, it was not even close to the extent that it has been portrayed.
This, of course, is the music for a Funeral Mass, which is an extremely beautiful piece of music. I find that often if I like music from the Classical period, (from the mid 1700's to early 1800's), it is usually the requiems. However, there are many other pieces in different types of composition from this period that I like a lot as well.

The entire piece of music is on YouTube and in sections, the links to all are below:

Here is Introitus & Kyrie.
Here is Dies Irae.
Here is Tuba mirum & Rex Tremendae.
Here is Recordare & Confutatis.
Here is Lacrimosa.
Here is Domine Jesu Christe & Hostias.
Here is Mater Jesu.
Here is Sanctus & Benedictus.
Here is Agnus Dei.
Here is Libre Me.



My song pick a year ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life
My song pick two years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade